Columbia Wellness CARE program has several openings for families and students in need. See the letter below for more information.
Dear Parents and Families of Broadway Learning Center,
My name is Ami Bitton, and I am a school mental health therapist at Columbia Wellness for the CARE Program and I am based at Broadway Learning Center on Monday and Tuesday Afternoons. I have several openings for families and students to receive services through the CARE Program.
How do I know if CARE is right for me?
The CARE program is a grant-funded program which means we do not charge insurance, nor will you need a co-pay to receive services. We provide several mental health services for individuals 5 and older and families 0-8. The family services we provide are as follows -
Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
PCIT is a short-term, specialized behavior management program designed for young children experiencing behavioral and/or emotional difficulties and their families. PCIT teaches caregivers to manage their child’s difficult behaviors, while increasing their positive behaviors. PCIT works with the child and caregiver together to improve behavior and reduce parenting stress.
Children ages 2 to 6 who display any or all of the following:
- Parent-child relational problems
- Refusal and defiance of adult requests
- Easy loss of temper
- Purposeful annoyance of others
- Destruction of property
- Difficulty staying seated.
- Difficulty playing quietly.
- Difficulty taking turns.
- The Incredible Years is a 18 – 20 week parenting class focusing on building positive parenting skills for all parents of children, aged 2-8. It provides tools and strategies to encourage positive behaviors, build relationships, and manage conflict.
- Topics include - Communication skills, Problem Solving, Praising and Rewarding, The importance of Play, Effective limit setting, Handling misbehavior
- UPCOMING CLASSES: Wednesday Jan. 27th @ 1pm – 2:30pm, Wednesday Feb. 10th @ 5pm-6:30pm
- Condensed 8-10-week one-on-one parenting class.
- Children 2-8 years old
Incredible Years Babies
- Parents of babies 0-9 months
- 12-16-week class: Help baby feel loved, safe and secure, Encourage babies’ physical and language development, Strategies to set up predictable routines, Free-Baby memory book, safety tips and MORE!!!
Tripe P Primary Care
- You will talk with your provider about the problem you have. You will discuss what might be causing your child to behave this way and work out what changes you would like to see in your child’s behavior. You will be given suggestions to deal with the problem. You will also be given a tip sheet to take home. The tip sheet will remind you of the things you have discussed.
- This is a short intervention of 4 meetings with one hour meetings.
The individual services we provide are as follows –
Individual Therapy (Ages 5-8)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy targeting depression, anxiety, trauma, or behavioral challenges.
- Play strategies to target increased social/emotional development.
How do I sign up or ask questions?
You may speak with your child’s teacher or contact me directly.
CARE Phone: 360-353-9606
Direct Line: 360-430-7721