Longview Public Schools is currently seeking applicants interested in serving on the Strategic Plan Review Committee. Our committees help provide essential community input to the district and help ensure that the schools reflect the public’s wishes.
Committee members must be residents of the Longview School District and have an interest in long-term improvement efforts for our schools.
To find our more about the Strategic Plan Review Committee, please visit Advisory Committees.
To apply, you may:
- Complete the online application and submit it electronically, or
- Download the application and return it to the District office, 2715 Lilac St, Longview WA 98632.s
Applications are due by September 3, 2019.
At the April 8, 2019 school board meeting, the board unanimously approved the capital facilities bond proposal totaling $115 million. Projects in this proposal will touch every school and include:
- Mint Valley Elementary School replacement – $43 million
- Northlake Elementary School replacement – $43 million
- Safety and Security upgrades for all schools – $4.2 million
- Career Technical/Vocational upgrades at R.A. Long and Mark Morris high schools – $8.4 million
- Memorial Stadium upgrades – $7 million
- Large facility repair projects – $9.4 million
Find out more here.
Applications are now being accepted for the district’s annual Highly Capable Program identification process. To have a student evaluated for this program, parents/guardians give permission by completing the High Capable Permission Form and returning it to the student’s school. Permission forms are due Friday, March 15, 2019.
Cognitive Ability Testing (CogAT) will commence March-April 2019. The selection team will review student data April-May 2019. Testing results will be mailed in May 2019.
Mark your calendar for Friday, February 8, 2019 for an opportunity to support Broadway!
Please note that there will be no school at Broadway on Monday, January 21, 2019 in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and no school on Friday, February 1, 2019 for Longview School District Records Day.
- Elementary schools – two hours earlier than regular release time
- Cascade – 11:45am release
- Monticello – 11:50am release
- Mt. Solo – 11:55am release
- High schools – 11:50am release
Students return back to school on Wednesday, January 2, 2019. Students will be released one hour early on that day.
Broadway Learning Center has no school on Friday, Dec. 21. School resumes for Broadway students on Thursday, January 3, 2019.
For Broadway Learning Center students, the 2018-2019 school year will begin on:
Monday, Sept. 17, 2018
Mark your calendar for the open house on Friday, Sept. 14, 5-7pm.
We look forward to seeing our students!